Officials at a local gas station have said it has sold contaminated fuel.

The incident happened at the Starfire Gas station in Martins Ferry, where, according to a spokesperson, gasoline fuel was delivered into the kerosene fuel tanks.

The gas station located on Crawford Road dispensed approximately 167 gallons of the tainted gas between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on January 24. If contaminated kerosene is used for heating, it can be deadly.

Anyone that purchased the contaminated kerosene is asked to bring back the gas as soon as possible for a full refund.