New information was learned in court on Thursday about the moments leading up to a fatal shooting in Toronto.
The 16-year-old suspect — one of three males charged in the incident — appeared in juvenile court for his preliminary hearing.
Dylan Monroe, 18, was shot twice last month on N. 7th Street. Monroe’s mother’s fiancé was with him at the time and testified on Thursday morning.
Ronald Workman said he drove Monroe to meet some friends. And when they pulled up, another suspect showed a gun and shot Monroe through the open window. Workman said he saw the shooter, but wasn’t familiar with him.
Investigator Jason Hanlin also testified that the 16-year-old suspect knew the other individual planned to show a gun but did not know he would shoot.
Judge Joe Corabi found probable cause on the complicity to murder charges, and the aggravated robbery charge. All three of those carry a firearm specification.
He did not find probable cause on the tampering with evidence charge. It will be a number of weeks before it is learned the teen will be tried as an adult. The 15-year-old suspect is expected in court.